The Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund (WSLF) was created to help support the financial needs and efforts of local service groups and charities who work to enrich the lives of Whitchurch-Stouffville residents. The WSLF is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are apolitical and review and grant funding requests exclusively based on the merits of the applications received three (3) times annually.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
There will be three intake deadlines per calendar year.
The 2020 deadlines are as follows:
February 28, June 30* & October 31
*See note below in Grant Applications section.
Application Deadline for each intake will be 4:00 pm.
1. Applicants must complete this application form in its entirety and include any attachments as requested if available. If not available, please note on the application.
2. Organizations may request financial assistance only once per calendar year.
3. Applications will be reviewed for completeness. Applicants will be asked to provide any missing information, which must be received by the WSLF Administrator before the application is presented to the Board of Directors.
4. The Board of Directors will consider all applications based on the eligibility guidelines and information provided on the application. The Board will make the final decision concerning any support. All decisions are final.
5. All candidates will be informed of the board decision whether successful or not by email within one (1) month of the intake deadline.
6. Upon approval of the grant by the Board of Directors, the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville will produce the cheques as directed – please note the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is solely the administrator of the bank account for the Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund and has no jurisdiction over the disbursement of the funds.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must demonstrate impact in one of these key areas:
HEALTHY WS: Promoting healthy active living in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CONNECTED WS: Creating a more inclusive Whitchurch-Stouffville,
SUSTAINABLE WS: Encouraging a healthy and sustainable environment in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CREATIVE WS: Enriching the Whitchurch-Stouffville community through arts, culture or heritage,
GENERATIONAL WS: Supporting the well being of Whitchurch-Stouffville children, Youth & Seniors,
PROSPEROUS WS: Demonstrates economic or other benefit to the Whitchurch-Stouffville community.
The application deadline of June 30 has been cancelled for 2020 due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. With limited opportunities to fundraise in 2020, the Board has decided to limit application intakes in an effort to make our dollars go further.
At this time, the plan is to resume granting in the Fall with applications available online in late September for the October intake. Please stay tuned to this website for more information.
The Board of Directors for the
Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund includes:
The first intake for WSLF was very successful. The Board of Directors is happy to report that there were 13 successful recipients who collectively received a total of $69,970.
Congratulations to the WSLF recipients for the Fall 2019 intake:
York Region 55+ Games
Probus Club - Seasonal Luncheon
St. James Presbyterian Church - Student Music Scholarship
Hummingbird Community Hub - Youth Jam & Open Mic Program
Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity - Holiday Box Program
Girl Guides of Canada - Spring Guiding Events
Summitview Public School - Healthy Snacks Program
Wendat Village Public School - Outdoor Space Project
Stouffville BMX @ Bruce's Mill - Track enhancement project
Routes Connecting Communities
Latcham Art Centre - Youth Art Programming 2020
Warm Hearts Collective - Wintersong Festival 2020
Stouffville Igoma Partnership - Operation Health Care