The Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund (WSLF) was created to help support the financial needs and efforts of local service groups and charities who work to enrich the lives of Whitchurch-Stouffville residents. The WSLF is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are apolitical and review and grant funding requests exclusively based on the merits of the applications received three (3) times annually.
The Board of Directors for the
Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund includes:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
There will be three intake deadlines per calendar year.
The final deadline for 2020 is Friday, October 30 @ 4 PM.
Please note the revised guidelines for this intake period as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Applicants must complete this application form in its entirety and include any attachments as requested if available. If not available, please note on the application.
2. Organizations may request financial assistance only once per calendar year.
3. Applications will be reviewed for completeness. Applicants will be asked to provide any missing information, which must be received by the WSLF Administrator before the application is presented to the Board of Directors.
4. The Board of Directors will consider all applications based on the eligibility guidelines and information provided on the application. The Board will make the final decision concerning any support. All decisions are final.
5. all candidates will be informed of the board decision whether successful or not by email within one (1) month of the intake deadline.
6. DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC, FINANCIAL REQUESTS MUST NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM REQUEST OF $2,500.
7. FOR THE CURRENT INTAKE PERIOD, PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO GROUPS OR CLUBS REQUIRING SUPPORT AS A RESULT OF LOSSES SUFFERED DUE TO COVID-19.
8. Upon approval of the grant by the Board of Directors, the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville will produce the Cheques as directed – please note the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is solely the administrator of the bank account for the Whitchurch-Stouffville legacy fund and has no jurisdiction over the disbursement of the funds.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must demonstrate impact in one of these key areas:
HEALTHY WS: Promoting healthy active living in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CONNECTED WS: Creating a more inclusive Whitchurch-Stouffville,
SUSTAINABLE WS: Encouraging a healthy and sustainable environment in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CREATIVE WS: Enriching the Whitchurch-Stouffville community through arts, culture or heritage,
GENERATIONAL WS: Supporting the well being of Whitchurch-Stouffville children, Youth & Seniors,
PROSPEROUS WS: Demonstrates economic or other benefit to the Whitchurch-Stouffville community.
The application deadline of October 30 has modified rules and regulations and a maximum financial ask of $2,500 per applicant in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30 @ 4 PM
The Board of Directors is happy to report that there were 13 successful recipients since the inception of the Fund who collectively received a total of $142,415.
Congratulations to all of our WSLF recipients to date:
York Region 55+ Games
Probus Club - Seasonal Luncheon
St. James Presbyterian Church - Student Music Scholarship
Hummingbird Community Hub - Youth Jam & Open Mic Program
Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity - Holiday Box Program
Girl Guides of Canada - Spring Guiding Events
Summitview Public School - Healthy Snacks Program
Wendat Village Public School - Outdoor Space Project
Stouffville BMX @ Bruce's Mill - Track enhancement project
Routes Connecting Communities
Latcham Art Centre - Youth Art Programming 2020
Warm Hearts Collective - Wintersong Festival 2020
Stouffville Igoma Partnership - Operation Health Care
Restore Method of Care Canada
Stouffville Cricket Association
2020 Cemetery Enhancement Project
Stouffville Legion #459 Kitchen Asset Upgrade project
Stouffville Horticultural Society Garden Improvements
Jake's Touch-a-Truck Event (postponed)
WS Pride 2020 (postponed)
Scoring Goals for the Community 2020 (postponed)