The Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund (WSLF) was created to help support the financial needs and efforts of local service groups and charities who work to enrich the lives of Whitchurch-Stouffville residents. The WSLF is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are apolitical and review and grant funding requests exclusively based on the merits of the applications received three times annually. (February, June and October.)
Board of Directors
APPLICATIONS FOR THE JUNE INTAKE ARE NOW CLOSED.
THE THIRD AND FINAL INTAKE OF THE YEAR WILL BE OCTOBER 1 - 31, 2021
1. Applicants must complete this application form in its entirety and include any attachments as requested if available. If not available, please make note on the application.
2. Organizations may request financial assistance only once per calendar year.
3. Unsuccessful applicants may apply again in the next intake.
4. NEW: Applications must select one impact area for their project/event. Applicants that identify more than one impact area will not be considered.
5. Applications will be reviewed for completeness. Applicants will be asked to provide any missing information, which must be received by the WSLF Administrator before the application is presented to the Board of Directors.
6. The Board of Directors will consider all applications based on the eligibility guidelines and information provided on the application. The Board will make the final decision concerning any support. All decisions are final.
7. All candidates will be informed of the Board decision whether successful or not by email within one (1) month of the intake deadline.
8. NEW: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, financial requests must not exceed the maximum request of $20,000.
9. For the current intake period, priority will be given to groups or clubs requiring support as a result of losses suffered due to Covid-19.
10. Upon approval of the grant by the Board of Directors, the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville will produce the cheques as directed – please note: the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is solely the administrator of the bank account for the Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund and has no jurisdiction over the disbursement of the funds.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must demonstrate impact in one of six areas:
HEALTHY COMMUNITIES: Promoting healthy, active living in WS.
CONNECTED COMMUNITIES: Creating a more inclusive WS.
SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES: Encouraging a healthy and sustainable environment in WS.
CREATIVE COMMUNITIES: Enriching the WS community through arts, culture or heritage.
GENERATIONAL COMMUNITIES: Supporting the well-being of WS children, youth & seniors,
PROSPEROUS COMMUNITIES: Demonstrates economic or other benefit to the WS community.
Applications are now closed.
Congratulations to all of our WSLF recipients to date:
Brierbush Babies Reunion
Lions Club of Stouffville
Young Life of Canada
York Region 55+ Games
Probus Club of Stouffville
St. James Presbyterian Church
Hummingbird Community Hub
Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity
Girl Guides of Canada
Summitview Public School
Wendat Village Public School
Stouffville BMX @ Bruce's Mill
Routes Connecting Communities
Latcham Art Centre
Warm Hearts Collective
Stouffville Igoma Partnership
Restore Method of Care Canada
Stouffville Cricket Association
Stouffville Legion #459
Stouffville Horticultural Society
Jake's Touch-a-Truck Event (postponed)
WS Pride Committee
Scoring Goals for the Community 2020 (postponed)
Whitchurch-Stouffville Strawberry Festival
Good Food Project