The Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund (WSLF) was created to help support the financial needs and efforts of local service groups and charities who work to enrich the lives of WS residents. WSLF is a non-profit entity with a volunteer Board of Directors who are apolitical and review and grant funding requests exclusively based on the merits of the applications received.
The WSLF is solely funded by the charitable efforts of Mayor Lovatt and a dedicated volunteer committee who plan and execute on two Annual events; the Charity Golf Classic and the Mayor's Gala #ForStouffville. In 2019 alone, close to $700,000 has been raised by these fundraising efforts and an endowment provided by Flato Developments and the Wyview Group.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
There will be three intake deadlines per calendar year.
The 2020 deadlines are as follows:
February 28, June 30 & October 31
Application Deadline for each intake will be 4:00 pm.
1. Applicants must complete this application form in its entirety and include any attachments as requested if available. If not available, please note on the application.
2. Organizations may request financial assistance only once per calendar year.
3. Applications will be reviewed for completeness. Applicants will be asked to provide any missing information, which must be received by the WSLF Administrator before the application is presented to the Board of Directors.
4. The Board of Directors will consider all applications based on the eligibility guidelines and information provided on the application. The Board will make the final decision concerning any support. All decisions are final.
5. All candidates will be informed of the board decision whether successful or not by email within one (1) month of the intake deadline.
6. Upon approval of the grant by the Board of Directors, the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville will produce the cheques as directed – please note the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville is solely the administrator of the bank account for the Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund and has no jurisdiction over the disbursement of the funds.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must demonstrate impact in one of these key areas:
HEALTHY WS: Promoting healthy active living in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CONNECTED WS: Creating a more inclusive Whitchurch-Stouffville,
SUSTAINABLE WS: Encouraging a healthy and sustainable environment in Whitchurch-Stouffville,
CREATIVE WS: Enriching the Whitchurch-Stouffville community through arts, culture or heritage,
GENERATIONAL WS: Supporting the well being of Whitchurch-Stouffville children, Youth & Seniors,
PROSPEROUS WS: Demonstrates economic or other benefit to the Whitchurch-Stouffville community.
The next application deadline is June 30, 2020.
Applications will be available online in early May.
The Board of Directors for the
Whitchurch-Stouffville Legacy Fund includes:
The first intake for WSLF was very successful. The Board of Directors is happy to report that there were 13 successful recipients who collectively received a total of $69,970.
Congratulations to the WSLF recipients for the Fall 2019 intake:
York Region 55+ Games
Probus Club - Seasonal Luncheon
St. James Presbyterian Church - Student Music Scholarship
Hummingbird Community Hub - Youth Jam & Open Mic Program
Jennifer Ashleigh Children's Charity - Holiday Box Program
Girl Guides of Canada - Spring Guiding Events
Summitview Public School - Healthy Snacks Program
Wendat Village Public School - Outdoor Space Project
Stouffville BMX @ Bruce's Mill - Track enhancement project
Routes Connecting Communities
Latcham Art Centre - Youth Art Programming 2020
Warm Hearts Collective - Wintersong Festival 2020
Stouffville Igoma Partnership - Operation Health Care